Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, August 27, 2014

What The Lord Requires (Micah 6:6-9) Good News and The Message Translations

GOOD NEWS TRANSLATION

6  What shall I bring to the Lord, the God of heaven, when I come to worship him?  Shall I bring the best calves to burn as offerings to him?
7  Will the Lord be pleased if I bring him thousands of sheep or endless streams of olive oil?  Shall I offer him my first-born child to pay for my sins?
8  No, the Lord has told us what is good.  What he requires of us is this:  to do what is just, to show constant love, and to live in humble fellowship with our God.
9  It is wise to fear the Lord.  he calls to the city, "Listen, you people who assemble in the city!

THE MESSAGE TRANSLATION
6-7  How can I stand up before God and show proper respect to the high God?  Should I bring an armload of offerings topped off with yearling calves?  Would God be impressed with thousands of rams, with buckets and barrels of olive oil?  Would he be moved if I sacrificed my firstborn child, my precious baby, to cancel my sin?
8    But he's already made it plain how to live, what to do, what God is looking for in men and women.  It's quite simple:  Do what is fair and just to your neighbor, be compassionate and loyal in your love, And don't take yourself too seriously--take God seriously.
9  Attention!  God calls out to the city!  If you know what's good for you you'll listen.  So listen,  all of you!  This is serious business.



No comments:

Post a Comment