Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, December 12, 2012

In Whom and What Do We Hope?

In God  (Psalms 42-5,11; Psalms 130:7 and I Timothy 6:17)
Psalms 42-5,11
5    Why am I discouraged?  Why is my heart so sad?  I will put my hope in God!  I will praise him again—
my Savior and
11  Why am I discouraged?  Why is my heart so sad?  I will put my hope in God!  I will praise him again—
my Savior and my God! 
Psalms 130:7
7  O Israel, hope in the Lord;  for with the Lord there is unfailing love.  His redemption overflows.
I Timothy 6:17
Teach those who are rich in this world not to be proud and not to trust in their money, which is so unreliable. Their trust should be in God, who richly gives us all we need for our enjoyment.

In Jesus Christ  (Romans 15:12; I Corinthians 15:19; Ephesians 1:12 ;and Philippians 2:19)
Romans 15:12
12  And in another place Isaiah said, “The heir to David’s throne will come, and he will rule over the Gentiles.  They will place their hope on him.”
I Corinthians 15:19
19  And if our hope in Christ is only for this life, we are more to be pitied than anyone in the world.
Ephesians 1:12
12  God’s purpose was that we Jews who were the first to trust in Christ would bring praise and glory to God.
Philippians 2:19
19  If the Lord Jesus is willing, I hope to send Timothy to you soon for a visit. Then he can cheer me up by telling me how you are getting along.

In the Name of God  (Psalms 52:9)
9    I will praise you forever, O God, for what you have done.  I will trust in your good name in the presence of your faithful people.

In the Word of God  (Psalms 119:74 and Psalms 130:5)
Psalms 119:74
74  May all who fear you find in me a cause for joy, for I have put my hope in your word.
Psalms 130:5
5     I am counting on the Lord; yes, I am counting on him.  I have put my hope in his word.

In the Promises of God  (Acts 26:6)
6     Now I am on trial because of my hope in the fulfillment of God’s promise made to our ancestors.

In The Resurrection of the Dead  (Acts 23:6)
6    Paul realized that some members of the high council were Sadducees and some were Pharisees, so he shouted, “Brothers, I am a Pharisee, as were my ancestors! And I am on trial because my hope is in the resurrection of the dead!”

No comments:

Post a Comment