Powered By Blogger

Monday, December 31, 2012

The Benefits of Hope

It Causes Us to Praise God                             Psalms 71:14
14  But I will keep on hoping for your help; I will praise you more and more.

It Causes Us to Rejoice                                   Romans 5:2 and Romans 12:12
2   Because of our faith, Christ has brought us into this place of undeserved privilege where we now stand, and we confidently and joyfully look forward to sharing God’s glory.
Romans 12:12
12  Rejoice in our confident hope. Be patient in trouble, and keep on praying.

It Renews Our Strength                                    Isaiah 40:31
31  But those who trust in the Lord will find new strength.  They will soar high on wings like eagles.  They will run and not grow weary.  They will walk and not faint.

It Inspires Us to a Life of Purity                        I John 3:3
3   And all who have this eager expectation will keep themselves pure, just as he is pure.

It Inspires Us to Persevere                               I Thessalonians 1:3
3   As we pray to our God and Father about you, we think of your faithful work, your loving deeds, and the enduring hope you have because of our Lord Jesus Christ.

It Cures the Downcast Soul                          Psalms 42:5,11 and Lamentations 3:20-21
Psalms 42:5,11
5   Why am I discouraged?  Why is my heart so sad?  I will put my hope in God!  I will praise him again—
my Savior and
11  Why am I discouraged?  Why is my heart so sad?  I will put my hope in God!  I will praise him again—
my Savior and my God!
Lamentations 3:20-21
20   I will never forget this awful time, as I grieve over my loss.
21  Yet I still dare to hope when I remember this:

It Will Never Disappoint Us                             Isaiah 49:23 and Romans 5:5
 Isaiah 49:23
23   Kings and queens will serve you and care for all your needs.  They will bow to the earth before you
and lick the dust from your feet.  Then you will know that I am the Lord.  Those who trust in me will never be put to shame.”
Romans 5:5
5   And this hope will not lead to disappointment. For we know how dearly God loves us, because he has given us the Holy Spirit to fill our hearts with his love.

Our Hope is Like a Stabilizing Anchor              Hebrews 6:18-19
18  So God has given both his promise and his oath. These two things are unchangeable because it is impossible for God to lie. Therefore, we who have fled to him for refuge can have great confidence as we hold to the hope that lies before us.
19  This hope is a strong and trustworthy anchor for our souls. It leads us through the curtain into God’s inner sanctuary.

Therefore We Should Defend Our Hope           I Peter 3:15
15  Instead, you must worship Christ as Lord of your life. And if someone asks about your Christian hope, always be ready to explain it.

No comments:

Post a Comment