Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Being Merciful Is Part Of God's Nature (God's Word Translation)

God Is Merciful                       Deuteronomy 4:31:Nehemiah 9:31 and Luke 6:36
Deuteronomy 4:31  The Lord your God is a merciful God. He will not abandon you, destroy you, or forget the promise to your ancestors that he swore he would keep.
Nehemiah 9:31   But your compassion is endless.  You didn’t destroy them or abandon them.  You are a merciful and compassionate God.
Luke 6:36  Be merciful as your Father is merciful.

God Exercises Mercy Freely           Exodus 33:19 and Romans 9:15-18

Exodus 33:19  The Lord said, “I will let all my goodness pass in front of you, and there I will call out my name ‘the Lord.’ I will be kind to anyone I want to. I will be merciful to anyone I want to.
Romans 9:15-18

15  For example, God said to Moses, “I will be kind to anyone I want to. I will be merciful to anyone I want to.” 
16  Therefore, God’s choice does not depend on a person’s desire or effort, but on God’s mercy.
17  For example, Scripture says to Pharaoh, “I put you here for this reason: to demonstrate my power through you and to spread my name throughout the earth.” 
18  Therefore, if God wants to be kind to anyone, he will be. If he wants to make someone stubborn, he will.


Mercy Triumphs Over Judgement     James 2:13
James 2:13  No mercy will be shown to those who show no mercy to others. Mercy triumphs over judgment.

No comments:

Post a Comment