Powered By Blogger

Thursday, January 17, 2013

Praying for God's Mercy (GWT)

Have Mercy                                              Psalms 4:1 and Psalms 9:13
Psalms 4:1    Answer me when I call, O God of my righteousness.  You have freed me from my troubles.  Have pity on me, and hear my prayer!
Psalms 9:13   Have pity on me, O Lord.  Look at what I suffer because of those who hate me.  You take me away from the gates of death

Hear My Cry for Mercy                             Psalms 28:2 and Psalms 86:6
Psalms 28:2   Hear my prayer for mercy when I call to you for help, when I lift my hands toward your most holy place.
Psalms 86:6   Open your ears to my prayer, O Lord.  Pay attention when I plead for mercy.

Remember Your Great Mercy                    Psalms 25:6
Psalms 25:6   Remember, O Lord, your compassionate and merciful deeds.  They have existed from eternity.

Have Mercy On Me, A Sinner                    Luke 18:13
Luke 18:13   “But the tax collector was standing at a distance. He wouldn’t even look up to heaven. Instead, he became very upset, and he said, ‘God, be merciful to me, a sinner!’

Have Mercy On Us, Son of David               Matthew 9:27 and Matthew 20:30-31
Matthew 9:27  When Jesus left that place, two blind men followed him. They shouted, “Have mercy on us, Son of David.”
Matthew 20:30-31 
30  Then they could see.  He warned them, “Don’t let anyone know about this!” 
31 But they went out and spread the news about him throughout that region.

No comments:

Post a Comment