Powered By Blogger

Sunday, January 20, 2013

On What Are We To Meditate? (GWT)

On God                                             Psalms 63:6
Psalms 63:6  As I lie on my bed, I remember you.  Through the long hours of the night, I think about you.

On God's Law                                   Psalms 1:2 and Psalms 119:15, 48, 97
Psalms 1:2  Rather, he delights in the teachings of the Lord and reflects on his teachings day and night. 
Psalms 119:15   I want to reflect on your guiding principles and study your ways.
48   I lift my hands in prayer because of your commandments, which I love.  I will reflect on your laws.
97   Oh, how I love your teachings!  They are in my thoughts all day long.

On God's Promises                             Psalms 119:148
Psalms 119:148   My eyes are wide-open throughout the nighttime hours to reflect on your word.

On God's Unfailing Love                      Psalms 48:9
Psalms 48:9  Inside your temple we carefully reflect on your mercy, O God. 

On God's Works                          Psalms 77:12; Psalms 143:5 and Psalms 145:5
Psalms 77:12   I will reflect on all your actions and think about what you have done.
Psalms 143:5   I remember the days long ago.  I reflect on all that you have done.  I carefully consider what your hands have made.
Psalms 145:5   I will think about the glorious honor of your majesty and the miraculous things you have done.

No comments:

Post a Comment