Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, January 16, 2013

God's Expressions of His Mercy (GWT)

Forgiving Our Sins            Psalms 51:1-2; Daniel 9:9 and I Timothy 1:13-116
Psalms 51:1-2
1  Have pity on me, O God, in keeping with your mercy.  In keeping with your unlimited compassion, wipe out my rebellious acts.
2  Wash me thoroughly from my guilt, and cleanse me from my sin.
Daniel 9:9  “But you, Lord our God, are compassionate and forgiving, although we have rebelled against you.
I Timothy 1:13-16
13  In the past I cursed him, persecuted him, and acted arrogantly toward him. However, I was treated with mercy because I acted ignorantly in my unbelief.
14  Our Lord was very kind to me. Through his kindness he brought me to faith and gave me the love that Christ Jesus shows people.
15  This is a statement that can be trusted and deserves complete acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners, and I am the foremost sinner.
16  However, I was treated with mercy so that Christ Jesus could use me, the foremost sinner, to demonstrate his patience. This patience serves as an example for those who would believe in him and live forever.

Saving Us in Christ                    Ephesians 2:4-5; Titus 3:4-5 and I Peter 1:3-4   
Ephesians 2:4-5
4  But God is rich in mercy because of his great love for us. 
5  We were dead because of our failures, but he made us alive together with Christ. (It is God’s kindness that saved you.) 
Titus 3:4-5
4  However, when God our Savior made his kindness and love for humanity appear, 
5  he saved us, but not because of anything we had done to gain his approval. Instead, because of his mercy he saved us through the washing in which the Holy Spirit gives us new birth and renewal. 
I Peter 1:3-4
3  Praise the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! God has given us a new birth because of his great mercy. We have been born into a new life that has a confidence which is alive because Jesus Christ has come back to life. 
4  We have been born into a new life which has an inheritance that can’t be destroyed or corrupted and can’t fade away. That inheritance is kept in heaven for you,
             
Being Faithful to His Covenant    
                            Deuteronomy 4:31; Deuteronomy 13:17-18 and Nehemiah 9:31
Deuteronomy 4:31  The Lord your God is a merciful God. He will not abandon you, destroy you, or forget the promise to your ancestors that he swore he would keep.
Deuteronomy 13:17-18
17  Don’t ever take any of the things claimed for destruction. Then the Lord will stop being angry and will show you mercy. In his mercy he will make your population increase, as he swore to your ancestors. 
18  The Lord your God will do this if you listen to him, obey all the commands that I’m giving you today, and do what he considers right.
Nehemiah 9:31  But your compassion is endless.  You didn’t destroy them or abandon them.  You are a merciful and compassionate God.

Receiving Us Back to Himself                     Jeremiah 3:12-13
Jeremiah 3:12-13
12  Go and proclaim these things to the north:  “‘Come back, unfaithful Israel.  It is the Lord speaking.  I will no longer frown on you because I’m merciful,’ declares the Lord.  ‘I will no longer be angry with you.
13  Admit that you’ve done wrong!  You have rebelled against the Lord your God.  You have given yourself to strangers under every large tree.

Healing Us When Ill                                    Philippians 2:27
Philippians 2:27  Indeed, he was so sick that he almost died. But God had mercy not only on him but also on me and kept me from having one sorrow on top of another.

Sparing His Own From Destruction           Genesis 19:16 and Psalms 116:1-6
Genesis 19:16  When he hesitated, the men grabbed him, his wife, and his two daughters by their hands, because the Lord wanted to spare Lot. They brought them safely outside the city.
Psalms 116:1-6
1  I love the Lord because he hears my voice, my pleas for mercy.
2  I will call on him as long as I live because he turns his ear toward me.
3  The ropes of death became tangled around me.  The horrors of the grave took hold of me.  I experienced pain and agony.
4  But I kept calling on the name of the Lord:  “Please, Lord, rescue me!”
5  The Lord is merciful and righteous.  Our God is compassionate.
6  The Lord protects defenseless people.  When I was weak, he saved me.

Keeping Us Safe From the Enemy              Psalms 6:9-10 and Psalms 28:6-7
Psalms 6:9-10
9    The Lord has heard my plea for mercy.  The Lord accepts my prayer.
10  All my enemies will be put to shame and deeply shaken with terror.  In a moment they will retreat and be put to shame.
Psalms 28:6-7
6  Thank the Lord!  He has heard my prayer for mercy!
7  The Lord is my strength and my shield.  My heart trusted him, so I received help.  My heart is triumphant; I give thanks to him with my song.


No comments:

Post a Comment