Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, January 8, 2014

There Is Only One Good News (Galatians 1:3-10) New Living and Good News Translations

NEW LIVING TRANSLATION
3   May God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ give you grace and peace.
4   Jesus gave his life for our sins, just as God our Father planned, in order to rescue us from this evil world in which we live.
5   All glory to God forever and ever! Amen.
6  I am shocked that you are turning away so soon from God, who called you to himself through the loving mercy of Christ. You are following a different way that pretends to be the Good News
7   but is not the Good News at all. You are being fooled by those who deliberately twist the truth concerning Christ.
8   Let God’s curse fall on anyone, including us or even an angel from heaven, who preaches a different kind of Good News than the one we preached to you. 
9   I say again what we have said before: If anyone preaches any other Good News than the one you welcomed, let that person be cursed.
10  Obviously, I’m not trying to win the approval of people, but of God. If pleasing people were my goal, I would not be Christ’s servant.

GOOD NEWS TRANSLATION
3   May God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ give you grace and peace.
4   In order to set us free from this present evil age, Christ gave himself for our sins, in obedience to the will of our God and Father.
5   To God be the glory forever and ever! Amen.
6   I am surprised at you! In no time at all you are deserting the one who called you by the grace of Christ, and are accepting another gospel. 
7   Actually, there is no “other gospel,” but I say this because there are some people who are upsetting you and trying to change the gospel of Christ. 
8   But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach to you a gospel that is different from the one we preached to you, may he be condemned to hell! 
9   We have said it before, and now I say it again: if anyone preaches to you a gospel that is different from the one you accepted, may he be condemned to hell!
10  Does this sound as if I am trying to win human approval? No indeed! What I want is God's approval! Am I trying to be popular with people? If I were still trying to do so, I would not be a servant of Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment