Powered By Blogger

Monday, December 26, 2011

Christ Said To God (Hebrews10:5-7 & 9-10 & 15-18)

5  For this reason, when Christ was about to come into the world, he said to God: "You do not want sacrifices and offerings, but you have prepared a body for me. 
6  You are not pleased with animals burned whole on the altar or with sacrifices to take away sins.
7  Then I said, 'Here I am, to do your will, O God, just as it is written of me in the book of the Law.'"

9  Then he said, "Here I am, O God, to do your will."  So God does away with all the old sacrifices and puts the sacrifice of Christ in their places.
10 Because Jesus Christ did what God wanted him to do, we are all purified from sin by the offering that he made of his own body once and for all.

15  And the Holy Spirit also gives us his witness.  First he says,
16  "This is the covenant that I will make with them in the days to come, says the Lord:  I will put my laws in their hearts and write and them on their minds."
17  And then he says, "I will not remember their sins and evil deeds any longer." 
18  So when these have been forgiven, an offering to take away sins is no longer needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment