Powered By Blogger

Thursday, November 21, 2013

What The Christian Walk Is (New Living Translation) "Repost from 11/20/12)

Walking With God   (Psalms 56:13; Micah 6:8 and Revelation 3:4)
Psalms 56:13
13  For you have rescued me from death;  you have kept my feet from slipping.  So now I can walk in your presence, O God, in your life-giving light.
Micah 6:8 
8    No, O people, the Lord has told you what is good, and this is what he requires of you:  to do what is right, to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.
Revelation 3:4
4    “Yet there are some in the church in Sardis who have not soiled their clothes with evil. They will walk with me in white, for they are worthy.

Walking In God's Ways (Deuteronomy 5:33: Deuteronomy 10:12 and Joshua 22:5)
Deuteronomy 5:33
33  Stay on the path that the Lord your God has commanded you to follow. Then you will live long and prosperous lives in the land you are about to enter and occupy.
Deuteronomy 10:12
12  “And now, Israel, what does the Lord your God require of you? He requires only that you fear the Lord your God, and live in a way that pleases him, and love him and serve him with all your heart and soul.
Joshua 22:5
5    But be very careful to obey all the commands and the instructions that Moses gave to you. Love the Lord your God, walk in all his ways, obey his commands, hold firmly to him, and serve him with all your heart and all your soul.”

Walking Before God (I King 2:4 and  2 Chronicles 7:17)
I King 2:4
4     If you do this, then the Lord will keep the promise he made to me. He told me, ‘If your descendants live as they should and follow me faithfully with all their heart and soul, one of them will always sit on the throne of Israel.’
2 Chronicles 7:17
17  “As for you, if you faithfully follow me as David your father did, obeying all my commands, decrees, and regulations,

Walking In Truth (Psalms 26:3 and 3 John 3-4)
Psalms 26:3
3   For I am always aware of your unfailing love, and I have lived according to your truth.
3 John 3-4
3    Some of the traveling teachers recently returned and made me very happy by telling me about your faithfulness and that you are living according to the truth.
4    I could have no greater joy than to hear that my children are following the truth.

Walking In The Light (Psalms 89:15; Isaiah 2:5 and I John 1:7)
Psalms 89:15
15  Happy are those who hear the joyful call to worship, for they will walk in the light of your presence, Lord.
Isaiah 2:5 
5    Come, descendants of Jacob, let us walk in the light of the Lord!
I John 1:7
7     But if we are living in the light, as God is in the light, then we have fellowship with each other, and the blood of Jesus, his Son, cleanses us from all sin.

Walking In The Name of of God (Micah 4:5)
Micah 4:5
5    Though the nations around us follow their idols, we will follow the Lord our God forever and ever.

Walking In The Fear Of God (Nehemiah 5:9)
Nehemiah 5:9
9   Then I pressed further, “What you are doing is not right! Should you not walk in the fear of our God in order to avoid being mocked by enemy nations? 

Walking In the Law Of God (Psalms 119:1)
Psalms 119:1
1    Joyful are people of integrity, who follow the instructions of the Lord.

Walking In Love and Obedience  (2 John 6)
2 John 6
6   Love means doing what God has commanded us, and he has commanded us to love one another, just as you heard from the beginning.

Walking In The Spirit (Romans 8:4)
Romans 8:4
4    He did this so that the just requirement of the law would be fully satisfied for us, who no longer follow our sinful nature but instead follow the Spirit

Walking In The Paths Of The Righteous (Proverbs 2:20)
Proverbs 2:20
20  Follow the steps of good men instead, and stay on the paths of the righteous.

Walking As Jesus Walked  (I John 2:6)
I John 2:6
6    Those who say they live in God should live their lives as Jesus did.



No comments:

Post a Comment