Powered By Blogger

Saturday, December 7, 2013

I Am The Lord Your God (Isaiah 51:12-16) New Living and Good News Translations

NEW LIVING TRANSLATION
12  “I, yes I, am the one who comforts you.  So why are you afraid of mere humans, who wither like the grass and disappear?
13  Yet you have forgotten the Lord, your Creator, the one who stretched out the sky like a canopy and laid the foundations of the earth.  Will you remain in constant dread of human oppressors?  Will you continue to fear the anger of your enemies?  Where is their fury and anger now?  It is gone!
14  Soon all you captives will be released!  Imprisonment, starvation, and death will not be your fate!
15  For I am the Lord your God, who stirs up the sea, causing its waves to roar.  My name is the Lord of Heaven’s Armies.
16  And I have put my words in your mouth and hidden you safely in my hand.  I stretched out the sky like a canopy and laid the foundations of the earth.  I am the one who says to Israel, ‘You are my people!’”

GOOD NEWS TRANSLATION
12  The Lord says, “I am the one who strengthens you.  Why should you fear mortals, who are no more enduring than grass?
13  Have you forgotten the Lord who made you, who stretched out the heavens and laid the earth's foundations?  Why should you live in constant fear of the fury of those who oppress you, of those who are ready to destroy you?  Their fury can no longer touch you.
14  Those who are prisoners will soon be set free; they will live a long life and have all the food they need.
15  “I am the Lord your God; I stir up the sea and make its waves roar.  My name is the Lord Almighty!
16  I stretched out the heavens and laid the earth's foundations; I say to Jerusalem, ‘You are my people!
    I have given you my teaching, and I protect you with my hand.’”

No comments:

Post a Comment