Powered By Blogger

Saturday, December 14, 2013

The Baptism Of Jesus (Matthew 3:13-17; Mark 1:9-13 & Luke 3:21-22) New Living and Good News Translations

NEW LIVING TRANSLATION
Matthew 3:13-17
13  Then Jesus went from Galilee to the Jordan River to be baptized by John. 
14  But John tried to talk him out of it. “I am the one who needs to be baptized by you,” he said, “so why are you coming to me?”
15  But Jesus said, “It should be done, for we must carry out all that God requires.” So John agreed to baptize him.
16  After his baptism, as Jesus came up out of the water, the heavens were opened and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove and settling on him. 
17  And a voice from heaven said, “This is my dearly loved Son, who brings me great joy.”
Mark 1:9-13
9   One day Jesus came from Nazareth in Galilee, and John baptized him in the Jordan River. 
10  As Jesus came up out of the water, he saw the heavens splitting apart and the Holy Spirit descending on him like a dove. 
11  And a voice from heaven said, “You are my dearly loved Son, and you bring me great joy.”
12  The Spirit then compelled Jesus to go into the wilderness, 
13  where he was tempted by Satan for forty days. He was out among the wild animals, and angels took care of him.
Luke 3:21-22
21  One day when the crowds were being baptized, Jesus himself was baptized. As he was praying, the heavens opened, 
22  and the Holy Spirit, in bodily form, descended on him like a dove. And a voice from heaven said, “You are my dearly loved Son, and you bring me great joy.”

GOOD NEWS TRANSLATION
Matthew 3:13-17
13  At that time Jesus arrived from Galilee and came to John at the Jordan to be baptized by him. 
14  But John tried to make him change his mind. “I ought to be baptized by you,” John said, “and yet you have come to me!”
15  But Jesus answered him, “Let it be so for now. For in this way we shall do all that God requires.” So John agreed.
16  As soon as Jesus was baptized, he came up out of the water. Then heaven was opened to him, and he saw the Spirit of God coming down like a dove and lighting on him. 
17  Then a voice said from heaven, “This is my own dear Son, with whom I am pleased.”
Mark 1:9-13
9   Not long afterward Jesus came from Nazareth in the province of Galilee, and was baptized by John in the Jordan. 
10  As soon as Jesus came up out of the water, he saw heaven opening and the Spirit coming down on him like a dove. 
11  And a voice came from heaven, “You are my own dear Son. I am pleased with you.”
12  At once the Spirit made him go into the desert, 
13  where he stayed forty days, being tempted by Satan. Wild animals were there also, but angels came and helped him.
Luke 3:21-22
21  After all the people had been baptized, Jesus also was baptized. While he was praying, heaven was opened,
22  and the Holy Spirit came down upon him in bodily form like a dove. And a voice came from heaven, “You are my own dear Son. I am pleased with you.”

No comments:

Post a Comment