Powered By Blogger

Thursday, March 6, 2014

Christ Lives In You (Colossians 1:27-29 & 2:1-5) New Living and Good News Translations

NEW LIVING TRANSLATION
COLOSSIANS 1:27-29
27  For God wanted them to know that the riches and glory of Christ are for you Gentiles, too. And this is the secret: Christ lives in you. This gives you assurance of sharing his glory.
28  So we tell others about Christ, warning everyone and teaching everyone with all the wisdom God has given us. We want to present them to God, perfect in their relationship to Christ. 
29  That’s why I work and struggle so hard, depending on Christ’s mighty power that works within me.

COLOSSIANS 2:1-5
1  I want you to know how much I have agonized for you and for the church at Laodicea, and for many other believers who have never met me personally. 
2  I want them to be encouraged and knit together by strong ties of love. I want them to have complete confidence that they understand God’s mysterious plan, which is Christ himself. 
3  In him lie hidden all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge.
4  I am telling you this so no one will deceive you with well-crafted arguments. 
5  For though I am far away from you, my heart is with you. And I rejoice that you are living as you should and that your faith in Christ is strong.

GOOD NEWS TRANSLATION
COLOSSIANS 1:27-29
27  God's plan is to make known his secret to his people, this rich and glorious secret which he has for all peoples. And the secret is that Christ is in you, which means that you will share in the glory of God. 
28  So we preach Christ to everyone. With all possible wisdom we warn and teach them in order to bring each one into God's presence as a mature individual in union with Christ. 
29  To get this done I toil and struggle, using the mighty strength which Christ supplies and which is at work in me.

COLOSSIANS 2:1-5
1  Let me tell you how hard I have worked for you and for the people in Laodicea and for all others who do not know me personally. 
2  I do this in order that they may be filled with courage and may be drawn together in love, and so have the full wealth of assurance which true understanding brings. In this way they will know God's secret, which is Christ himself.
3  He is the key that opens all the hidden treasures of God's wisdom and knowledge.
4  I tell you, then, do not let anyone deceive you with false arguments, no matter how good they seem to be.
5  For even though I am absent in body, yet I am with you in spirit, and I am glad as I see the resolute firmness with which you stand together in your faith in Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment