Powered By Blogger

Monday, March 3, 2014

Thanks For The Gift (Philippians 4:12-20) New Living & Good News Translations

NEW LIVING TRANSLATION
12  I know how to live on almost nothing or with everything. I have learned the secret of living in every situation, whether it is with a full stomach or empty, with plenty or little. 
13  For I can do everything through Christ, who gives me strength. 
14  Even so, you have done well to share with me in my present difficulty.
15  As you know, you Philippians were the only ones who gave me financial help when I first brought you the Good News and then traveled on from Macedonia. No other church did this. 
16  Even when I was in Thessalonica you sent help more than once. 
17  I don’t say this because I want a gift from you. Rather, I want you to receive a reward for your kindness
18  At the moment I have all I need—and more! I am generously supplied with the gifts you sent me with Epaphroditus. They are a sweet-smelling sacrifice that is acceptable and pleasing to God. 
19  And this same God who takes care of me will supply all your needs from his glorious riches, which have been given to us in Christ Jesus.
20  Now all glory to God our Father forever and ever! Amen.

GOOD NEWS TRANSLATION
12  I know what it is to be in need and what it is to have more than enough. I have learned this secret, so that anywhere, at any time, I am content, whether I am full or hungry, whether I have too much or too little. 
13  I have the strength to face all conditions by the power that Christ gives me.
14  But it was very good of you to help me in my troubles. 
15  You Philippians know very well that when I left Macedonia in the early days of preaching the Good News, you were the only church to help me; you were the only ones who shared my profits and losses.
16  More than once when I needed help in Thessalonica, you sent it to me. 
17  It is not that I just want to receive gifts; rather, I want to see profit added to your account. 
18  Here, then, is my receipt for everything you have given me—and it has been more than enough! I have all I need now that Epaphroditus has brought me all your gifts. They are like a sweet-smelling offering to God, a sacrifice which is acceptable and pleasing to him. 
19  And with all his abundant wealth through Christ Jesus, my God will supply all your needs. 
20  To our God and Father be the glory forever and ever! Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment