Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Asking For Wisdom/Prayer For Wisdom (Various Scriptures)


The Word of God is very clear on asking for Wisdom. Wisdom, true wisdom comes from God. Jesus is as wisdom as declared in His Word in 1Corinthians 1:30, “But of Him you are in Christ Jesus, who became for us wisdom from God — and righteousness and sanctification and redemption — God’s Word to us says to ask for His wisdom!  If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God, who gives to all liberally and without reproach, and it will be given to him. But let him ask in faith, with no doubting, for he who doubts is like a wave of the sea driven and tossed by the wind. For let not that man suppose that he will receive anything from the Lord;  he is a double-minded man, unstable in all his ways (James 1:5-8). So go boldly to the throne of grace through the precious Blood of Jesus Christ and ask for wisdom, call, cry out for wisdom and His promise to us is that our Heavenly Father will give it to you!


Prayer for Wisdom

Heavenly Father, I come to You now in the Name of my Lord and Savior Christ Jesus. Heavenly Father, I  thank you that Your Word gives knowledge, instruction, wisdom, and understanding to all who pay attention to its truths. You promised to impart wisdom to me if I will listen to Your Words and attain unto Your wise counsels.  I, therefore, enter Your presence with trust, knowing that You will give me wisdom according to    II Chronicles 1:10. Heavenly Father, fill me with the spirit of wisdom so that I will be able to discern Your will. With You, Lord, there is both strength and wisdom according to Job 12:13. Heavenly Father, let my mouth speak Your wisdom, Lord, because of the righteousness You have imparted to me according to Psalms 37:30. In the hidden part of my life, make me know Your wisdom according to Psalms 51:6. Teach me to number my  days, so that I may gain a heart of wisdom according to Psalms 90:12. Heavenly Father, Your wisdom and knowledge makes me happy, because the gain of it is better than fine gold. By wisdom You founded the earth, and by knowledge You established the heavens according to Proverbs 3:13-20. Christ Jesus, I thank You that my eyes of Your understanding are continually being enlightened; that I may know Your calling, and the riches of Your glory and Your inheritance for Your saints. I thank You for Your exceeding greatness.  I believe, trust and rely on You only.  Heavenly Father, I believe that Jesus Christ is Your Son, that He died on the cross for my sins, I believe that You, Heavenly Father raised Jesus Christ from the dead and He now sits at Your right hand in heaven according to Ephesians 1:17-23.  Heavenly Father, thank You for sending Jesus who represents Your power and wisdom to us. Because I am in Him – and desire to always abide in Him. He has been made unto me wisdom, and righteousness, sanctification, and redemption. It is this reality that causes me to glory in You forever according to I Corinthians 1:22-31. In the Name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth I pray with thanksgiving.  Amen.

Taken from: Christian Word 

No comments:

Post a Comment