Powered By Blogger

Saturday, January 21, 2012

Wisdom Is Calling (Proverbs 8:1-14) GNT

1    Listen!  Wisdom is calling out.  Reason is making herself heard.
2    On the hilltops near the road and at the crossroads she stands.
3     At the entrance to the city, besides the gates, she calls;
4     "I appeal to you, mankind; I call to everyone on earth.
5     Are you immature? Learn to be mature.  Are you foolish?  Learn to have sense.
6     Listen to my excellent words; all I tell you is right.
7     What I say is the truth; lies are hateful to me.
8     Everything I say is true; nothing is false or misleading.
9     To the man with insight, it is all clear; to the well-informed, it is all plain.
10   Choose my instruction instead of silver; choose knowledge rather than the fine gold.
11   "I am Wisdom, I am better than jewels; nothing you want can compare with me.
12   I am Wisdom, and I have insight; I have knowledge and sound judgement.
13   To honor the Lord is to hate evil; I hate pride and arrogance, evil ways and false words.
14    I make plans and carry them out.  I have understanding, and I am strong.

No comments:

Post a Comment