Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Someone Saved From Death Praises God (Psalms 116) GNT

1     I love the Lord, because he hears me;  he listens to my prayers.
2     He listens to me every time I call to him.
3     The danger of death was all around me; the horrors of the grave closed in on me; I was filled with fear and anxiety.
4     Then I called to the Lord, I beg you, Lord, save me!
5     The Lord is merciful and good; our God is compassionate.
6     The Lord protects the helpless; when I was in danger, he saved me.
7     Be confident, my heart, because the Lord has been good to me.
8     The Lord saved me from death; he stopped my tears and kept me from defeat.
9     And so I walk in the presence of the Lord in the world of the living.
10   I kept on believing, even when I said, I am completely crushed,

11   even when I was afraid and said, No one can be trusted.
12   What can I offer the Lord for all his goodness to me?
13   I will bring a wine offering to the Lord, to thank him for saving me.
14   In the assembly of all his people I will give him what I have promised.
15   How painful it is to the Lord when one of his people dies!
16    I am your servant, Lord; I serve you just as my mother did. You have saved me from death.
17   I will give you a sacrifice of thanksgiving and offer my prayer to you.
18-19  In the assembly of all your people, in the sanctuary of your Temple in Jerusalem,
      I will give you what I have promised.

   Praise the Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment