Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Sovereign Lord, I Put My Hope In You (Psalms 71:1-16 ) GNT

1    Lord, I have come to you for protection; never let me be defeated!
2    Because you are righteous, help me and rescue me.  Listen to me and save me!
3    Be my secure shelter and a strong fortress to protect me; you are my refuge and defense.
4    My God, rescue me from the wicked men, from the power of cruel and evil men.
5    Sovereign Lord, I put my hope in you; I have trusted in you since I was young.
6     I have relied on you all my life; you have protected me since the day I was born.  I will always praise you.
7     My life has been an example to many, because you have been my strong defender.
8     All day long I praise you and proclaim your glory.
9     Do not reject me now that I am old; do not abandon me now that I am feeble.
10   My enemies want to kill me; they talk and plot against me.
11   They say, "God has abandoned him; let's go after him and catch him; there is no one to rescue him."
12    Don't stay so far away , O God; my God, hurry to my aid!
13    May those who attack me be defeated and destroyed.  May those who try to hurt me be shamed and disgraced.
14     I will always put my hope in you; I will praise you more and more.
15     I will tell of your goodness; all day long I will speak of your salvation, though it is more than I can understand.
16     I will praise your power, Sovereign Lord; I will proclaim your goodness, yours alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment