Powered By Blogger

Sunday, November 25, 2012

How Christians Fight

Depending on God  (Psalms 18:29, 32 and Psalms 27:1-2)
Psalms 18:29, 32
29  In your strength I can crush an army; with my God I can scale any wall.
32  God arms me with strength, and he makes my way perfect.
Psalms 27:1-2
1    The Lord is my light and my salvation—so why should I be afraid?  The Lord is my fortress, protecting me from danger, so why should I tremble?
2    When evil people come to devour me, when my enemies and foes attack me, they will stumble and fall.

Being Dedicated to Jesus Christ (2 Timothy 2:4 and I Peter 5:10)
2 Timothy 2:4
4    Soldiers don’t get tied up in the affairs of civilian life, for then they cannot please the officer who enlisted them.
I Peter 5:10
10  In his kindness God called you to share in his eternal glory by means of Christ Jesus. So after you have suffered a little while, he will restore, support, and strengthen you, and he will place you on a firm foundation.

Standing Firm in the Lord  (Ephesians 6:10-14)
10  A final word: Be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power.
11  Put on all of God’s armor so that you will be able to stand firm against all strategies of the devil.
12  For we are not fighting against flesh-and-blood enemies, but against evil rulers and authorities of the unseen world, against mighty powers in this dark world, and against evil spirits in the heavenly places.
13  Therefore, put on every piece of God’s armor so you will be able to resist the enemy in the time of evil. Then after the battle you will still be standing firm.
14  Stand your ground, putting on the belt of truth and the body armor of God’s righteousness.

Holding On to the Faith  (I Timothy 1:18-19 and I John 5:4-5)
I Timothy 1:18-19
18  Timothy, my son, here are my instructions for you, based on the prophetic words spoken about you earlier. May they help you fight well in the Lord’s battles.
19  Cling to your faith in Christ, and keep your conscience clear. For some people have deliberately violated their consciences; as a result, their faith has been shipwrecked.
I John 5:4-5
4    For every child of God defeats this evil world, and we achieve this victory through our faith.
5    And who can win this battle against the world? Only those who believe that Jesus is the Son of God.

Laying Hold of Eternal Life  (I Timothy 6:12)
12  Fight the good fight for the true faith. Hold tightly to the eternal life to which God has called you, which you have confessed so well before many witnesses.

Being Good Soldiers  (2 Timothy 2:3)
3    Endure suffering along with me, as a good soldier of Christ Jesus.

Enduring Hardship  (2 Timothy 2:3)
3    Endure suffering along with me, as a good soldier of Christ Jesus.

Exercising Self-Denial  (I Corinthians 9:26-27)
26  So I run with purpose in every step. I am not just shadowboxing.
27  I discipline my body like an athlete, training it to do what it should. Otherwise, I fear that after preaching to others I myself might be disqualified.

Praying  (Ephesians 6:18)
18  Pray in the Spirit at all times and on every occasion. Stay alert and be persistent in your prayers for all believers everywhere.

Resisting the Devil  (I Peter 5:8-9)
8    Stay alert! Watch out for your great enemy, the devil. He prowls around like a roaring lion, looking for someone to devour.
9    Stand firm against him, and be strong in your faith. Remember that your Christian brothers and sisters all over the world are going through the same kind of suffering you are.

No comments:

Post a Comment