Powered By Blogger

Thursday, November 22, 2012

Victory for God's People (NLT)

 God is the Source of Victory (Numbers 21:3; Deuteronomy 20:1-4; Joshua 11:7-8; 2 Chroncile 20:15-17; Psalms 18:29, 34-43 and Proverbs 21:31)

Numbers 21:3
3   The Lord heard the Israelites’ request and gave them victory over the Canaanites. The Israelites completely destroyed them and their towns, and the place has been called Hormah ever since.

Deuteronomy 20:1-4
1    “When you go out to fight your enemies and you face horses and chariots and an army greater than your own, do not be afraid. The Lord your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, is with you!
2    When you prepare for battle, the priest must come forward to speak to the troops.
3    He will say to them, ‘Listen to me, all you men of Israel! Do not be afraid as you go out to fight your enemies today! Do not lose heart or panic or tremble before them.
4    For the Lord your God is going with you! He will fight for you against your enemies, and he will give you victory!’

Joshua 11:7-8
7    So Joshua and all his fighting men traveled to the water near Merom and attacked suddenly.
8    And the Lord gave them victory over their enemies. The Israelites chased them as far as Greater Sidon and Misrephoth-maim, and eastward into the valley of Mizpah, until not one enemy warrior was left alive.

2 Chroncile 20:15-17
15  He said, “Listen, all you people of Judah and Jerusalem! Listen, King Jehoshaphat! This is what the Lord says: Do not be afraid! Don’t be discouraged by this mighty army, for the battle is not yours, but God’s.
16  Tomorrow, march out against them. You will find them coming up through the ascent of Ziz at the end of the valley that opens into the wilderness of Jeruel.
17  But you will not even need to fight. Take your positions; then stand still and watch the Lord’s victory. He is with you, O people of Judah and Jerusalem. Do not be afraid or discouraged. Go out against them tomorrow, for the Lord is with you!”

Psalms 18:29
29  In your strength I can crush an army; with my God I can scale any wall.
Psalms 18: 34-43
34  He trains my hands for battle; he strengthens my arm to draw a bronze bow.
35  You have given me your shield of victory.  Your right hand supports me; your help has made me great.
36  You have made a wide path for my feet to keep them from slipping.
37  I chased my enemies and caught them; I did not stop until they were conquered.
38  I struck them down so they could not get up; they fell beneath my feet.
39  You have armed me with strength for the battle; you have subdued my enemies under my feet.
40  You placed my foot on their necks.  I have destroyed all who hated me.
41  They called for help, but no one came to their rescue.  They even cried to the Lord, but he refused to answer.
42  I ground them as fine as dust in the wind.  I swept them into the gutter like dirt.
43  You gave me victory over my accusers.  You appointed me ruler over nations; people I don’t even know now serve me.

Proverbs 21:31
31 The horse is prepared for the day of battle, but the victory belongs to the Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment