Powered By Blogger

Sunday, November 18, 2012

Reasons for Thanksgiving (NLT)

For God's Goodness and Love (I Chronicles 16:34; 2 Chronicle 20:21 and Psalms 118:29)
I Chronicles 16:34
34  Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good!  His faithful love endures forever.
2 Chronicles 20:21
21  After consulting the people, the king appointed singers to walk ahead of the army, singing to the Lord and praising him for his holy splendor. This is what they sang:  “Give thanks to the Lord; his faithful love endures forever!”
Psalms 118:29
29  Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good!  His faithful love endures forever.

For God's Wonderful Deeds  ( Psalms 75:1 and Psalms 107:8, 15, 21, 31)
Psalms 75:1
1   We thank you, O God!  We give thanks because you are near.  People everywhere tell of your wonderful deeds.
Psalms 107:8, 15, 21, 31
8    Let them praise the Lord for his great love and for the wonderful things he has done for them.
15  Let them praise the Lord for his great love and for the wonderful things he has done for them.
21  Let them praise the Lord for his great love and for the wonderful things he has done for them.
31  Let them praise the Lord for his great love and for the wonderful things he has done for them.

For God's Protection  (Psalms 56:12-13)
Psalms 56:12-13
12  I will fulfill my vows to you, O God, and will offer a sacrifice of thanks for your help.
13  For you have rescued me from death; you have kept my feet from slipping.  So now I can walk in your presence, O God, in your life-giving light.

For Salvation  (I Chronicles 16:35; Psalms 118:21 and Romans 7:24-25)
I Chronicles 16:35
35  Cry out, “Save us, O God of our salvation!  Gather and rescue us from among the nations, so we can thank your holy name and rejoice and praise you.”
Psalms 118:21
21  I thank you for answering my prayer and giving me victory!
Romans 7:24-25
24  Oh, what a miserable person I am! Who will free me from this life that is dominated by sin and death?
25  Thank God! The answer is in Jesus Christ our Lord. So you see how it is: In my mind I really want to obey God’s law, but because of my sinful nature I am a slave to sin.

For Daily Provisions  (Matthew 14:19; 2 Corinthians 9:12 & I Timothy 4:3-5)
Matthew 14:19
19  Then he told the people to sit down on the grass. Jesus took the five loaves and two fish, looked up toward heaven, and blessed them. Then, breaking the loaves into pieces, he gave the bread to the disciples, who distributed it to the people.
2 Corinthians 9:12
12  So two good things will result from this ministry of giving—the needs of the believers in Jerusalem  will be met, and they will joyfully express their thanks to God.
I Timothy 4:3-5
3   They will say it is wrong to be married and wrong to eat certain foods. But God created those foods to be eaten with thanks by faithful people who know the truth.
4   Since everything God created is good, we should not reject any of it but receive it with thanks.
5   For we know it is made acceptable by the word of God and prayer.

For Faith, Hope & Love (Romans 1:8; Colossians 1:3-5; I Thessalonians 1:2-4 & 2 Thessalonians 1:3-4)
Romans 1:8
8    Let me say first that I thank my God through Jesus Christ for all of you, because your faith in him is being talked about all over the world.
Colossians 1:3-5
3   We always pray for you, and we give thanks to God, the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ.
4    For we have heard of your faith in Christ Jesus and your love for all of God’s people,
5    which come from your confident hope of what God has reserved for you in heaven. You have had this expectation ever since you first heard the truth of the Good News.
I Thessalonians 1:2-4
2    We always thank God for all of you and pray for you constantly.
3    As we pray to our God and Father about you, we think of your faithful work, your loving deeds, and the enduring hope you have because of our Lord Jesus Christ.
4    We know, dear brothers and sisters, that God loves you and has chosen you to be his own people.
2 Thessalonians 1:3-4
3    Dear brothers and sisters, we can’t help but thank God for you, because your faith is flourishing and your love for one another is growing.
4    We proudly tell God’s other churches about your endurance and faithfulness in all the persecutions and hardships you are suffering.

For God's Grace  (I Corinthians 1:4)
I Corinthians 1:4
4    I always thank my God for you and for the gracious gifts he has given you, now that you belong to Christ Jesus.

For Healing  (I King 17:16)
I King 17:16
16   There was always enough flour and olive oil left in the containers, just as the Lord had promised through Elijah.

For Victory Over Sin and Death  (I Corinthians 15:57)
I Corinthians 15:57
57   But thank God! He gives us victory over sin and death through our Lord Jesus Christ.

For All People  (I Timothy 2:1)
I Timothy 2:1
1    I urge you, first of all, to pray for all people. Ask God to help them; intercede on their behalf, and give thanks for them.

For Everything  (Ephesians 5:20 and I Thessalonians 5:18)
Ephesians 5:20
20   And give thanks for everything to God the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ.
 I Thessalonians 5:18
18   Be thankful in all circumstances, for this is God’s will for you who belong to Christ Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment