Powered By Blogger

Friday, November 2, 2012

The Blood Shed by Christ and What it Accomplishes (Our Holiness, Our New Life, Establishment of the New Covenant & Our Power Over Satan)

Our Holiness (Hebrews 10:29, Hebrews 13:12); Our New Life (John 6:53-56); Establishment of the New Covenant (Luke 22-20, I Corinthians 11:25); Power Over Satan (Revelation 12:11)

Our Holiness (Hebrews 10:29 and 13:12)
Hebrews 10:29
29  How much more severely do you think a man deserves to be punished who has trampled the Son of God under foot, who has treated as an unholy thing the blood of the covenant that sanctified him, and who has insulted the Spirit of grace?
Hebrews 13:12
12  And so Jesus also suffered outside the city gates to make the people holy through his own blood.

Our New Life (John 6:53-56)
53  Jesus said to them, "I tell you the truth, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink his blood, you have no life in you.
54  Whoever eats my flesh and drink my blood has eternal life, and I will raise him up at the last day.
55  For my flesh is real food and my blood is real drink.
56  Whosoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood remains in me, and I in him.

Establishment of the New Covenant (Luke 22:20 and I Corinthians 11:25)
Luke 22:20
20    In the same way, after the supper he took the cup, saying, "This is the new covenant in my blood, which is poured out for you.
I Corinthians 11:25
25  In the same way, after supper he took the cup, saying, "This cup is the new covenant in my blood, do this whenever you drink it, in remembrance of me."

Power Over Satan (Revelation 12:11)
Revelation 12:11
11  They overcame him by the blood of the Lamb and by the word of their testimony, they did not love their lives so much as to shrink from death.


***Scriptures taken from NIV

No comments:

Post a Comment